Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Well, speaking for myself, it looks like you're asumming I remember my past sensations as nothing but pleasure. Is that so?
No, but it is only the pleasure that I'm interested about here. AVRT reveals that is the ONLY reason addicted people continue to drink/use - to get that deep pleasure, however temporary it may be. That's why people cave in to the Beast, because they decide THEY want to feel that pleasure again, and they go along with IT by voluntarily going through all the complex motions needed to get the stuff into their blood.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot
I know the Beast is all about pleasure. I'm not my Beast though, I'm me. I can switch with my Beast and feel what it feels of course, but I'm still me while that switch goes on.

I recall the horrors of my sensations of being drunk and high on LSD for instance, and not "pleasure" although sometimes it feels good to feel bad, you know, like when suicidal, for those who have been there, they'll understand. Being 12 and drunk is not a happy pleasure, let me add that into the conversation.

We didn't agree last time we talked about this topic, and so we are unlikely to agree now either. No matter. We can still have a great discussion even with agreeing to disagree, yeah?

My Beast feels pleasure from alcohol and being high. I do not.

I feel like crap from alcohol and drugs. My Beast does not.
The Voice of the Beast fades away once the substance enters the bloodstream. IT has done its job. The mind altered person is then running the show, solo, and that's when bad things may happen, though often they don't. In fact, many people who take a break from quitting very often don't have any problems while engaging in getting that deep pleasure again. In AVRT they haven't had a "slip" or a "relapse", they've just had some drinks, the first one being totally in the control of their better judgement. They've gotten that deep pleasure again, and it's paid off with nothing bad happening. People here on SR report such episodes fairly frequently.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot
My Beast and I share feelings though on many levels of course. What I and my Beast don't agree with is who or what is actually feeling the pleasure and pain of drinking and getting high?

My Beast of course wants me to believe it was, and would be again, me feeling pleasure from drinking.

My Beast is stupid. I am not. I win.