View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Hi, congratulations for getting on the suboxone. I think for some of us it's absolutely the only way we can move toward getting free of the opiates. And you are definitely right that you really need to work on your recovery in other ways, too. The subs doc here won't even consider taking anyone into the program unless they begin counseling for addiction first.

I'm glad your switchover went so well, too. I think I must be unusual because my switchover was a fairly rough ride. I was on a huge amount of oxy, though, and an IV user, too, so that is probably why.

I'm still in my longterm taper. For me, I am having mixed results but I have a lot of health and pain issues so that complicates my picture. Nonetheless, there is NO way I'd be where I am now without being on the subs. I am very grateful because they got me off the oxy and I know my tolerance is much lower now, too, both very, very good things.

Stick around and tell us more about your story and how the subs goes for you, too. I think it's great when we can get as many stories about maintenance therapy as we can plus the support here is priceless.

Take care.