View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I had five straight weeks sober now I have nothing.
That's such crap AV talk...all is not lost.

Of course there are many ways to look at it...but I will share what RR says about it, since that's the focus of this thread.
Originally Posted by RR p.174
If you do drink in violation of your Big Plan, Mr Beast, Esq., will make a big deal of it. It will pound the gavel of judgement and tell you that you are incapable of keeping your word and that your plan for perfect abstinence is unrealistic. From your viewpoint, the violation is also a significant event, not one to dismiss casually. You drank in violation of a covenant you made when you were using your best intelligence and when you could clearly remember the pain and suffering caused by your drinking. But that is all you have done. You are not out of control, because no one but the neocortical you decided to drink and no one but you used your voluntary muscles to pick it up and swallow it. Having a lapse, which means you have had one drinking episode, does not mean that you are a stupid person, or that you have crossed over the line into a mysterious forbidden zone in which you suddenly become powerless to stop or less responsible for your actions and decisions. It does mean that your Addictive Voice, the Beast, temporarily gained control of one or more of your mental faculties. You can recognize the Beast building a case against you, focusing on your fallibility, predicting you will drink more and more, or at least now and then. Prepare your defense by doing a lapse reconstruction.
and there is also this point:
"Others go further and get drunk, only to find the experience feels awkward and uncomfortable. AVRT builds on itself. When one has a sincere desire to quit drinking and drugging, it matters little what the beast does; the self-you-will naturally prevail."

Strive on with diligence. (The Buddha said that )