View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Originally Posted by Dominorose View Post
Ok, I'm just exhausted.

I know it's my Beast tellin' me to follow my urges, and for whatever stupid reason, I listen to it, and act on it. I'm stupid.

I postpone my Big Plan, just don't know why I'm doing that but it's been a week now.

I WANT to stop. FOREVER. I don't want to stay like this anymore. So why the hell do I still listen to the AV? Why?!

I know it's only pleasure-seeking, but I can't tolerate it anymore. I want it to stop, now, more than anything in the world

PS: Sorry for the mistakes, I'm french!
You are right. An addicted person drinks ONLY for the pleasure. That is the only up-side. If the down-sides of addicted drinking are not great enough, then an addicted person will have to use an intellectual leap of faith to imagine how bad it can get.

On p. 36, of The Art of AVRT, by Jack Trimpey, 2010, is the sub-heading "Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid." It goes on to say "If you aren't afraid of ending up where you're headed, then you have no good reason to quit drinking/using. ... Therefore, you should now recall the pain, and think about where you're headed, and feel the fear of being propelled to intolerable losses and pain. Be afraid, Be very afraid. Really! ..."