Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
mmk11

I feel your pain so much. You described so well my thought processes over the last six months. I can't even imagine being in another r/s. After the complete horror show of a marriage to my XAH, I simply cannot trust another man right now. Hell, I barely trust myself.

My ego got the best of me and I did pick up a man a few weeks ago at a bar and we've been out several times. I set some of those "traps", and in fact he volunteered so much information about his drinking behaviors I practically laughed in his face. Another alcoholic! No wonder I am attracted to him. Sigh.

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
I can see it now, being on a date with some poor woman who doesn't know that I am literally incapable of trusting the words coming out of a woman's mouth in a dating/romantic situation. Thinking she's hiding something, and then passive aggressively trying to get her to reveal her "true" self by asking questions designed to see what kind of addict she is, what kinds of "isms" she has, how controlling she is, how codependent she is, and what her motivations are in dating. Watching her-- watching her like a hawk to see how she responds or reacts to the traps I lay for her that will reveal the alcoholic/addict/codependent

Cyranoak