View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan View Post
Regardless of whether the boss is "fishy," you may have a claim for wrongful termination if your behavior was sanctioned and funded by the person who fired you, assuming your behavior on the plane was the only reason cited.

You also stated that you asked to be removed from the drinking situation, but this was overruled because of the price of parking. This shows you tried to do what you had to, but ultimately your disease took over.

Look, its free to call an attorney for a consultation. I would, considering unemployment benefits are unlikely to be approved in this case. Best of luck.
Just because one POTENTIALLY has a claim doesn't necessarily make it a good idea to pursue one.

I think that, from a recovery standpoint, it is much healthier to own one's own actions than to put the blame on someone else. I am not saying what the employer did was OK, or a good idea. However, I think most of us spent quite enough time blaming other people, places, and situations for our drinking.

Mizz, I give you a lot of credit for owning your actions. You also have the right attitude about getting busy finding a new job. I hope you will put at LEAST as much effort into your recovery, so this is the last embarrassing, horrifying, ugly experience you ever have with alcohol. I suggest you give AA a chance, if you haven't already.