View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
OT -- The Last Push Towards My MS

Just got back from visiting my other brother in GA. During semester break, I have a difficult time unplugging from my life if I stay home, so I go away for a few days and stay with my brother.

Tomorrow begins the final seven week push towards my MS in electrical and computer engineering. My last exam is April 25, and Commencement is May 11, exactly two months from today. And it feels so, so weird. When the AXGF was in the picture, I didn't fully realize that consciously or otherwise, she was undercutting me every day. More to the point, she didn't care because addicts, either using or abstaining but not in recovery, are so inherently self-seeking, the only thing that matters to them is getting what they want, how they want, and when they want it. During the fall of 2011, there were more than a few moments when I thought Commencement, for me, would never come. And yet now it's a mere two months away.

So, what's graduate level work like for an EE? In my case, math, more math, and nothing but the math. It's nuts. But I just need to get through these next seven weeks in one piece. Then I'll be home free...