Thread: Bulimia & RR
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dominorose

Bulimia & RR

Hi there,

I'm french so please excuse the mistakes...!

I come here today bc I just finished "Rational Recovery", and this book was just...what I needed. It helps A LOT, but I still have some difficulties related to my urges.

I know the urge to binge is my AV. I know every thought related to binge/purge is my AV, that's pretty clear. But what about my urge to DIET ? Is it my true self ? Bc I know I don't want to gain weight.

But the problem is I have to stick to a regular meal plan (eating every 4 hours) to normalize my eating pattern, so sometimes I have to force myself and eat without hunger. And then, the AV pops out telling me the ultimate excuse: "If you eat when you don't physically needs to, you'll gain weight. Now you should better binge and then purge to avoid weight gain". In fact, that is TRUE about the weight. Each time I managed to stop binging & purging, I automatically gained weight.

So what should I do ? I know it's more complicated with eating disorders because whe can't be "totally" abstinent from food, but there should be a way... It has to.

Since I have finished the book, I have reduced my binges, but I still follow the urge to avoid weight gain... And I know it's a choice bc my higher self don't want to be fat. So what should I do?

Please, help...