View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
.Well, I am not an experienced practitioner of anything, but I can tell you what the book says. If you are asking about the AVRT perspective, in AVRT there are no such things as slippery places. If you aren't going to drink again, how can there be a slippery place? From p. 158:

Indeed NA beer or wine could wake IT up. Have you read the section on "shifting"? It doesn't matter if IT wakes up, IT cannot drink without YOUR consent, right?

All that said, I don't drink stuff that tastes like sh*t. I do however drink out of pretty glasses, because they are pretty, and I like pretty. Bling bling.
I have also done faux celebratory shots on occasion, and find it rather endearing that my friends include me with a special grapefruit juice shot. That could no more make me drink than could drinking coca cola...after all I did mix that with rum daily, should I avoid it now?

If I am allergic to eggs and I eat "egg beaters" instead, does that mean I am going to purchase and consume a carton of jumbo grade As like a madwoman?

I guess your question could be best addressed by asking another question. What's your plan for future use of alcohol?
I am going to try that.