View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by Received View Post
Not to hijack your thread, jkb, but I too am also experiencing this. It's very, very, frustrating for me especially when it just sort of slammed me upside the head. One minute I was mindfully rolling along and then BAM! I'm suddenly conscious of not remembering the horrible feelings I experienced when drinking. It's like I'm remembering not remembering. That's just some crazy sh*t.

This is day two of a bunch of WTF's and SMH.
Lol right. I hate to say I am glad you are aware of what I am talking about but, I am. Atleast I dont feel crazy. Last night I tried again to really remember the remorse and terror. It did come back slightly so I think maybe it is just that I am beginning to move forward without self-loathing.

trachemys-
I so wish I would have written down how bad it was when it was fresh and clear in my head. I am planning on spending some time doing that though. I do remember the events that brought me here just not the real emotions that went with it.

Who knows maybe in time it will all sort itself out. I am still far happier most days just being sober.... I think like Robby pointed out memoreis do fade over tme (paraphrase) that is just life.

I will remain sober because after all I do have a BP in place which I remember quite well.