View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Yes, it's a strategy that works for many.

I understood jkb to mean that she was unable to remember the pain, but wishes she could call it up again. So it's not that she's choosing not to recall, or that anyone thinks she should choose not to recall, but rather that she is frustrated because the memory is fading and that memory made it easier for her to abstain when the pain was fresh. I just wanted her to know that if she cannot recall, she needn't be scared that it means she will drink again. Maybe I misunderstood.
You hit the nail on the head. Of-course, as you know my sobriety is not contingent on anything at all other than not drinking but, it did help to just say "oh that night/morning was terrible... why would I reapeat that". Now I guess it is no longer about "getting sober" it is about maintaining it when the memories are no longer "painful and fresh".... and yeah Robby I thought I would love to forget alot of this stuff but, now I am just having a hard time saying "it was that bad"...when my beast is saying "you dont remember it as that bad because it wasnt". Oh well, it is what it is...

((((soberlicious)))) it was a very much needed cyber-hug.... thank you.

And thank you all... Jess