View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

This past weekend my wife and I had a nice chat over Sunday breakfast about numerous things - to include, of course, my drinking problem(s). One of the issues that came up was her frustration that she feels like she can't keep wine in the house because of me. She would like to have wine in the house for her occasional use, but fears it would trigger me into a binge.

I didn't comment on her remark, letting the conversation roll into another topic. Been thinking about it ever since, though. Not continuously, but my mind keeps coming back to it.

I would love to tell her to go ahead and stock the (conspicuously empty) wine rack and wine refrigerator in our kitchen. She's put up with a lot of crap from me for 22 years, and I'd like to give her everything she wants. But I don't think I should go down that road at this time.

There's a chance I would drink some, lighting that fuse. I think it's a small chance, but I can't totally discount it.

What's more likely is that I will have to listen to my AV all evening long saying, "There's wine in the kitchen, There's wine in the kitchen,
There's wine in the kitchen,
There's wine in the kitchen, "
etc.

I can only imagine how pleasant I would be to be around after dealing with that for hours on end.

I'd like to get to the place where she can have wine in the house, but for now I don't want to deal with it.

Should I let the sleeping conversation alone, or should I explain this all to my wife?