View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katlyn

Boyfriend- heroin addict

My boyfriend is a heroin addict (inhaling). He's been addicted to heroin for past two years. He went into rehab a year ago, relapsed after 4 months. Then again in december 2012 he went to inpatient. When he got out we had really bad time, he was antisocial saying that he doesn't feel like he got enough help, He would just tell me not to touch him/ not talk to him, etc. he relapsed again after 2 weeks. He called me the next day saying that he used. Since that time he has been going to outpatient, stepped down already. Also attending AA meetings 6 times a week, began working part time. He seems very charismatic and seems like he's willing to change. He's been clean for 54 days (from what he says) but Im very suspicious.. Last night he was talking in his sleep, sweating.. Then in the morning he woke up in terrible mood, complaining that his whole body hurts and very antisocial again. He also vomitted. Seem like withdrawal symptoms. I asked him if he used he got very angry saying that I don't trust him and he can't take that lack of trust.. After he used last time he promised that he wouldnt put me through that again and if anything happens he'll just leave me.. I do want to believe him but I already did give him my trust so many times.. If he didn't use can my suspicions cause his relapse? How can I handle that? I'm so afraid, I feel like Im powerless