View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OT--More Adventures

Went for another horseback riding lesson today--I feel like such a rank BEGINNER! But I did a little better than last time, and my teacher is great--very patient.

Now, the OTHER thing I want to do on my planned vacation to Spain in May is to rent a Vespa. I've always wanted to go tooling around the streets in Europe on one of those puppies, just like you always see in the movies.

One problem, though--I have NEVER ridden a motorcycle. Not even as a passenger--though I know a lot of guys (and a few women) in AA who are bikers, and any of them would probably be willing to take me for a ride.

So, I just registered for a two-and-a-half day motorcycle riding class for next weekend. At the end of the class they will give you the tests to get the endorsement on your license. I have no idea whether I will like it, but it would make me feel a little more confident about renting a scooter in Barcelona.

LOL, I mentioned it to my kids at Christmas and they both think mom has clearly lost her mind. I don't care--heck, I have lived such a staid existence for most of my life, and I'll be darned if I'm not gonna have a few adventures before I get too old for some of this stuff.