View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by pkrma
I once wrote a song for my wife called "You are so pulchritudinous".....
and a lovely ballad it is...I prefer the more raw rap version "shake that pulchritudinous azz"

Originally Posted by pkrma
.I think the first step is all that matters, recognizing alcoholism is your problem and realizing that the only solution is to never drink again. From there you just figure out a way to do it, consult whatever resources are available to you, be they groups or books or whatever, and develop an approach that fits your own convictions.

It doesn't have to have an acronym, it doesn't have to have a name unless you want it to. It doesn't have to be scientific if you don't need it to be. As long you are truly committed to sobriety, you'll be alright.
I agree 100% with this. I usually suggest AVRT just because it is a very concrete strategy to end addiction. Wilting, it by no means has to be any type of specific method. No method is going to end your addiction for you...only you can do that... and you can do that.

As far as big words...remember I am only an elementary school teacher. I will try and keep up.