Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
However, I have found that the choice to drink becomes more and more "irrational" if I must, and my BP more difficult to break as time moves on. I have found thoughts of drinking to be coupled and countered quite quickly with thoughts of "that is a very stupid idea". I am not calling anyone stupid but, I do call my own thoughts of drinking "stupid".
Awesome!

You're on the cutting edge of what defines our thoughts separated from IT's thoughts. I too think for myself all thoughts of drinking are stupid, and AVRT assigns all such drinking thoughts to my AV of course. This is the whole deal, when we can simply allow AV to be what it is, -- any thoughts, ideas, feelings, images of drinking and or future drinking -- and we just calmly recognise it, think what we think to dismiss it after recognition, and get on with our whatever we're doing.

It's like auto-destruct when we match thoughts for thoughts and dismiss the Beast and IT's AV. It's not a conversation with IT, its not an argument, its a confident indifference, and next instant moving on with ourselves in a matter-of-fact way.

Peace of mind. Freedom of thought. Priceless.

Thanks for the inspirational share, Jess!