Thread: Surrender
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
YearForMe

It is amazing the things that happen when you can finally let go.

I remember thinking, like Ann, that I had let go...only to find that I had taken it back.

Once the "aha" came.....it was sumthin sumthin.....

If you are one that is stuck in the push me pull you of surrender, keep working on your relationship and trust in your Higher Power and it will come to you.

I got body slammed back into my faith due to my husband's addiction. I had to re-learn to sit on my hands and not force any outcomes.

I've watched alot of Joel Osteen, TD Jakes, John Gray (pastor...not the author) Joyce Meyer...all of these...you can tune in on TV or the internet. All have some kind of message that helps bring about surrender (IMHO). I read alot and I try to stay away from negative people, places and things.

I could never describe to you the peace you will feel when you really let God take over everything.
Be totally willing to let him guide you in every way. Scary scary stuff for us co-dependents that have to control all.

I'm a bit of a mess, still....over the sudden death of my mom.....but I am allowing myself to grieve and mourn the way God intended.
I would never be able to get thru this if I didn't have my faith....and count my blessings on a DAILY basis.

Funny....the common theme this week is surrender. I just posted yesterday about not needing to know everything and the "whys"

Coincidence? Me thinks not....