Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by legna
Yes, yes, this is what I tell others....but this is me. You understand the difference, right? I am rolling my eyes at myself right now...
Of course I understand...I also picked Spock ya know, so I totally get it. What I do when I need to, is tell myself what I would tell others. I mean like I tell myself out loud..."Soberlicious, you have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed right now. Know it girl...you asked for help because you are strong, and your embarrassment is simply using energy that you cannot spare right now. Leave it behind, it's weighing you down and you gotta move. Let's go. chop chop." OK...so that's what I do. Out Loud. Like I'm talking to a friend. Whacked out, yeah, a little, but it works for me.
she trusts my judgment implicitly and if I say my wife needs x,y, and z - she will put the weight of her office and position behind it without question.
This is good!
That said, I think I can get it to be included that walking away from treatment triggers an automatic call to DOC which might end her dreams of another run once she is in a treatment center.
and this is also very very good!

It looks like there is a bit of hope. Glad you have shed some tears...not letting them out can pull you under. xo