View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I haven't had any issues with neighbors, yet. DS and I love the ones we see often and rarely see the others.... Just got lucky I guess, though the drive has been killing me.

A friend I worked with had a fence painting party once. It looked like he had picked a few of the most hideous left overs ever and then a white. Most of the fence was a pretty little white picket fence: what could be seen from his house and from most of the other lots. There was however one section that got a patchwork treatment. We asked what was up. He told us to turn around from the patchwork and look for binoculars. ????

Turns out that particular section was highly visible to the back yard of one lot, which belonged to the neighborhood complainer, and who apparently spent her days looking through her windows with binoculars for stuff to report to the owners assoc. Apparently there was no policy in place for how to paint your fence, just that one couldn't leave it weathered or untreated. I'm not sure what else happened to get him so peeved, but that section of fence was awful. He said he'd go back over it with white.... after a few days. LOL