Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KittenBoo

So Disgruntled it's showing at work and other places

Hello All,

Just sort of venting here, but also looking for coping tips. I had reached my rope's end in January when I finally decided no more- no more A's in my life every again and I have never felt better about the decision.

Thing is is that I have noticed a lack of enjoyment about things where people even talk about drinking or coworkers want to go out for a drink or someone cracks a joke about drinking. I find it hard to hide my disdain for drinking and alcoholics. I mean, I don't lash out or go on a tyrade or get on a soap box, but I just don't like having to hear about what others somehow consider funny with regards to drinking.

I also used to not have any problem just getting one drink with coworkers or responsibly enjoying adult drinks with someone because I was always a 100% responsible drinker and could take or leave it anyway.

Will I ever enjoy simple things like going out for a drink with the girls or not showing my outward hatred of A's in simple conversations? I feel like a downer when I sort of slipped in a casual work conversation about not liking people who drank too much...I didn't say it like that, but I eluded to it. I know I need to sort of shut my mouth at work, but I feel angry at the same time that I have to tolerate a world full of alcoholics who I allowed to harm me for years.

I also get pissed that it seems like I cannot meet anyone who can handle emotions without drinking or drugs- I know there must be people out there who can handle feeling feelings without drinking/drugging.

Maybe all of my pain is so old and so fresh and new all at the same time that I just have to go through this angry phase, but I don't want to be the total jerk no one likes to speak to because I cannot hold back from saying how much I hate drinkers. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. If you have any hope, advice, etc. about how to deal with life after getting away from A's, please share...