Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
trachemys
Marchia in Aeternum

6 AM and I've been reading all night. This five-part marathon thread has been very helpful, thank you very much.

Rewind three weeks...

After 35 years of progressive drunking I finally got fed up with me and quit. Frozen fowl method. Detoxed at home, nearly called the EMT's, survived. Starting cleaning house.

After about a week, decided to allow myself a glass of red wine with dinner. You know, "for the health benefits". That worked ok. Till this past weekend.

I went directly from Level 1 to Level 5 of Larry Miller's 5 Levels of Drunk. Luckily, I was reasonably sobered up when my father and sister showed up today. They were ready to put me in a rehab program, as in NOW. After much discussion, they decided to let me give it another try on my own.

I fired up the computer about 1 PM and started researching self-help programs. I hit the RR website and started reading.

CLICK

I literally felt the click in my addled brain. When I took the crash course, it resonated with me in ways nothing ever has. I then read the entire website. Ordered the books from RR, declared my Big Plan. Did some googling and found this thread. Been keeping the beast at bay all day and all night.

Since y'all were there helping me I thought I should thank you.