View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
labeledbass

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Hi all

Thank you for you support. Its been one week. And no change. He is still in hospital and begs to go home. Doctors say they will keep him another week and then transfer to mental clinic. BUT he is not MENTAL.

Im trying to find as much info as possible about this drug. I think it could be PCP. Some people say it could take up to 5 weeks to recover. But is he ever be normal?

Is it safe to take him home?
From my experience something to effect someone this long with no change would either be a type of with-drawl or a substance that has kicked off or started some type of reaction similar to mania, there is possible undiagnosed conditions here and drug screens do vary. Almost everything is detectable, as long as your looking for that specific drug or trace ie enzyme etc., that being said I would only just hope he’s being correctly treated. I’ve seen so many people incorrectly diagnosed because of underlining issues, an example would being treated for depression at a family practice, instead of proper referral. That being said I personally wouldn’t be too worried about checking him into a hospital specializing in behaviourial problems, track record pending that would honestly be the better of the two to diagnose what’s going on. In those situations the doctor that will be able to find out what’s wrong will most likely be there, not at a general hospital specializing in other medical needs. Again I don’t know point A where he’s at and point B where they say they may take him, but if both are valued in the medical community I would see what they have to say. At one point in time in my life I had to visit a behavior doctor, where many mental patients where, just to see my doctor about depression and anxiety, and I’ve seen the same people go there for bi-polar and schizophrenia. At first it did get some getting used to but I quickly understood, I do have a mental problem, just not as pronounced as say “mental retardation” or “downs syndrom”.

Just reference as much as possible, the history, back ground of whom is working with him and what they are doing, procedure wise. Even talk to your family doctor and get them in the loop, even if its not their field they may know others that are.

Best of luck and post what you find out!