View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SistahSober

As a prior anxiety suffer....5 days ago is when my anxiety started to subside. I had suffered really bad with it since November and it was alcohol related. I didn't realize I was digging myself a bigger anxiety hole by drinking. I read in some of your threads that being around family elevated it for you but if it wasn't for my family I may have gone crazy.

My advice to you is to grit and bare it...it is horrible...I KNOW! But it will be over soon. I know that you may think the only way to find comfort is with a drink...DON'T DO IT! It only makes things worst the next day....That was my downfall for 4 months day in and day out...anxiety and panic attacks. Try reading...I think I've read every website there is about anxiety. Read the success stories and read about how alcohol is related to anxiety once you really get a grip on your thoughts (since anxiety is all in our mind) you will be able to relax some what. In a matter of days (depending on how bad you drank) you will get you sanity back. Trust me I had my last drink on the 23rd and today I feel soooo much better. Also, eat something and take some vitamins (you need the nutrient to rebuild your brain chemicals that the alcohol destroyed) if you have any questions or just want some comfort you can inbox me. This is such a hard time for you I KNOW!