Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
If we're not allowed to question or criticize it on a recovery board, how will AA ever get any better?
I'm with you in spirit, brother bigsombrero, but I don't think this forum's primary purpose is to improve a recovery process. It is to help addicts find ways to defeat their addiction(s). To that end it seems to have been determined that the Hatfield-McCoy feuds that AA-AVRT debates caused were, all things considered, a detriment to helping people defeat their addiction(s). Therefore, they are forbidden.

We can talk about AVRT and Rational Recovery, though. My biggest disappointment with the book Rational Recovery is that Mr. Trimpey never misses a chance to say something negative about the most popular recovery methods. To the point that I think it detracts from his otherwise brilliant work. I can see drawing some comparisons to promote your own ideas, but he really comes across as having a burr in his skivvies about the methods that didn't work for him. I found most of it unnecessary.