Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
markinsf

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
For some silly reason I am petrified I will get there and someone will say.."YOU'RE NOT AA... YOUR RR".
Why? Is it tattooed on your forehead or something?

While I've not attended any meetings yet I'm not opposed to it either. As Robby has mentioned AVRT does one thing and one thing only. I'm no where near far enough into my sobriety to know if that is enough for me or not. While on day 14 I'm feeling pretty good about things I have no idea what day 30,60,90, etc are going to feel like. To think I've solved my issues though would be incredibly naive of myself. The thing to remember is to keep an open mind to all options available and use them as appropriate. It's no different than working in my workshop - I use the right tool for the right task. Some of them I'm very comfortable with and others not but it is still up to me to recognize and use them as needed and when needed.

I have a good friend that has been sober for 20 years via meetings. He doesn't know I've taken the path I have but I look forward to seeing him and gain some of his perspective on all of this. He is one of very few people I would every confide in and as such, I need to make sure I keep a very open mind. I like to think of my mind as a sponge that has been soaked with booze all these years and now that I'm starting to wring it out a bit, there is plenty of room for me to absorb something new.