Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
hey all,

ok...i don't wanna rain on anyones parade...but....

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

I am doing "non-program" recovery right now because as much as each program offers, I am not comfortable participating in a workable program for some that my application may lead someone off a path that works for them.

OK...that wasn't well written..hopefully you get my drift..this isn't an english class so I'm gonna post this any way

LOL
You bring up an important point, Nands. For me, I actually DO have AA sobriety, I've been a member for over thirty years, so I've zero worries concerning authenticity. For others who might feel different about themselves, my understanding is they desire to be authentic in both AVRT and AA without losing out on either. It can be done, and this thread supports discussing the ways and options to achieve that goal.

Since AVRT ends where AA begins, the two 'ways' (AVRT is of course not even a way) can fit well into the tool set of whomever, even though it looks complicated perhaps, its actually simple enough when viewed with a willingness of keeping a separation of the two. It is important for us to realize each way can stand on it's own, and so using both is totally a personal choice, and not a required choice which somehow is superior to the original ways. For me, both ways satisfy me, i'm successful with both, and I won't give up either simply because I don't have to to be authentic and true.

I realize of course there is alot of rhetoric for both sides, but I'm almost deaf to all that noise. My recovery plan, and everyone else's too, is no ones business but mine and theirs respectively.

I certainly respect your choices to do a "non-program" and I don't have the slightest concern you are missing out on anything whatsoever, Nands.