Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by bemyself View Post
I like how you can separate being an AA member whilst also learning / practising so many other tools; I just don't know - yet - how to avoid feeling slightly dishonest, even a bit schizoid! if / when I can't speak my own truths about the other things which resonate for me, when I'm with the dear AA people, especially my sponsor. There's the rub, for me anyway.

I'll watch this thread very closely to that end!
Hi Victoria, it's so awesome to have you now successfully completed your detox/rehab stint. You come across as energised and secure in your understanding that YOU can already enjoy and do so many varied activities and keep yourself importantly involved and self-directing your new sober experiences. Well done, bymyself!!

When I hang with AA members, I just don't think twice about how to share since I can talk shop with the best of them. I suppose it is like talking another language and living in another culture... similar experiences. When in Rome kinda thing you know?!

Another advantage is informal AVRT as a technique skill set has been used for centuries, and this helps me to blend my experiences under the thought-talk police radar no problemo. I also have no requirement to promote my personal choices as such, and so can tailor my shares into the proper mix to satisfy my principals and authenticity needs.

It is always surprising to me what a warm handshake, a sincere smile, and a happy attitude can accomplish when working f2f with people no matter their original boundaries as long as they feel respected and involved.