View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OT--Back on the horse

LOL, no, I didn't meet a new alcoholic to date. This is a LITERAL horse.

I have my first vacation to Europe (Barcelona) planned for early May, and I added in a riding weekend up in the mountains. It's two days of riding, four nights in a Fourteenth Century farmhouse. Anyway, I love to ride, but have done very little (if any) in the past 10 years. So I am out of shape, plus I have only ridden Western since I was a kid, and although this place has SOME Western tack, they mostly use English.

So I found one of those Amazon "deals" for half-price private riding lessons and went on my first one today. Boy, I can really feel it, and I didn't do anything but walk and trot. Still, had a great time and I like the teacher very much. It was nice having a private lesson--more attention so I can focus on what I am doing wrong. I don't get out and do stuff too much, but in the past two weeks I have been out to rock concerts twice and now riding!

I always tend to sort of deny myself those kinds of outings because I feel guilty not getting more stuff done at home. I know, I know. I'm working on changing that.

Just thought I'd share.