View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

SweetPea, forgive me for this interruption but as a moderator here I need to make a point to some of the posters (and please know that every poster here is trying to help and support you).

Dear posters, there is a rule here (Rule #4 if you care to go read it) that forbids bashing other programs. That said, some programs work better than others for various people. SoberRecovery respects all programs. Many here recovery with no official program at all and that works for them. People here will have good and bad experience with different programs, counselors, religions, rehabs, and attempts to get clean and sober. Most times the success of the method, rehab or program is directly related to the willingness of the participant to work it.

That said, please do not debate here or anywhere else the pros or cons of any program. Sharing someone's experience is acceptable as long as it doesn't bash the program in general.

For example...My friend didn't find NA helpful to him...is okay.

but...NA is a bad program and didn't help my friend...is not.

Thousands, perhaps millions have been helped by these programs, but the choice is individual on what works for any one person.

I felt that needed clarifying.

Now please let's go back to supporting the original poster here in a supportive, peaceful way...because that's what we do here at SR.

Thank you for listening.

Ann