View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kawboy

I picked a hell of a week to quit...

Both boys were sick this week with high fevers during late night, which meant extra fussy, moodiness and very little sleep for my wife and I all week. Also had to take 2 days off to stay home with them, my wife took 2 (and we're both very busy at work). OK, it was manageable but I normally would have relaxed with a few drinks for a couple of those nights while making dinner or something. Friday came, boys are better but it's grill night and I grilled 2 nice steaks outside. Really missed the grill-time beer. Had coffee and seltzer instead.

Saturday - day 7 - involves big event and mixed feelings
Tonight we attended a big black-tie gala event. Bars were everywhere. Free bar, top shelf everything, open all night. In previous years, I took advantage. This year, I scouted out coffee. During the dinner they had a full wine service that went around to each table... lemon water for me. Open bars everywhere in the ballroom. Out of 735 people 733 were drinking and I could smell it. Though I knew I could resist, the temptation was intense. Mixed feelings come in because I'm proud that I had the willpower to abstain, but I'm not really happy about it. I kinda wish my start day was tomorrow. Weird, I know. At least I've got a solid week to show for it.

I dunno if it's just the lack of sleep all this week or what, but I find that I've been blah. Not bad, not good, just blah.