View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

I just wanted to know if I should have just let his moodiness and tone roll off me or call him out on it!

newsflash - we don't HAVE tor react to another's emotional experience! you are not REQUIRED to have a specific type of response either positive or negative. over worrying that you SHOULD have responded in a certain way indicates you are still a bit tied to thinking there is something you SHOULD do to "fix" him. or worried that there is a RIGHT or WRONG way to respond....

there is no script, you get to feel what you feel, say what you want to say and go where you want to go.

yay!

there are no style points given in recovery...no awards for doing it right or better...it doesn't matter how you do it, only THAT you do it. there's a reason in the Big Book of AA why it's called "Trudging the Road to a Happy Destiny" - not skipping, frolicking or racing....trudging....left. right. repeat. one step at a time. one day at a time. the measure of our success is not deemed in THIS moment, but over a period of time. a body of work.