View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

I appreciate the responses of course, but its not my province to convince anyone of my sense of persons speaking beyond their experiences and into the realm of promoting whatever. I do realize people want to share with me their response to my understandings, no problem, I can handle in return differing opinions and experiences.

Originally Posted by Received
Robby, here is the opening post from NAT. As the thread has proceeded to where we are now, I have to ask myself, how helpful has it ended up being for NAT or anyone else?
Interesting. You perhaps expect me to answer for others? That is not possible for me to do really though right? I will say, I don't regret any of my participation on this useful thread.

Originally Posted by Nonsensical
To me 'snake-oiled' connotes disingenuousness, and your description falls short of that. I'd still call it 'evangelical'. Apparently snake oil is in the eye of the beholder.
Actually, I spoke of it being disingenuousness in a earlier post when I first talked about my thoughts on 'snake-oil salesmen'.

Originally Posted by soberlicious
Selling snake oil: knowingly selling fraudulent goods for one's own personal gain.

Ahhh yes...this is real. "It works if you work it." Of course people are passionate about what has worked for them. I do see most people saying things like "see if this works for you", or "this may make sense to you" or something of that nature.

Yeah, I suppose you can take the route of dictionary definitions and bring me to task, but it doesn't address my deeper meaning.

Yeah, people adding disclaimers of "see if" or "this may" doesn't cut it for me. Promotion is still promotion to my understanding.

Okay, well thanks folks, lol. We don't need to agree, and so onward we go. I'm open to more discussion, but lets stick to our actual experiences and not to knocking me around because you don't agree or don't understand. I'm not about to reverse myself, lol. Nothing wrong with disagreement. I mean, because obviously I don't agree with you guys either.

Cheers!