View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Newatthis34 View Post
Robby - you said something earlier about finding the higher path to recovery, and if I understand you right that is what I am trying to do.

Again this could be different for everyone. For me it's about trying to find out who I am without booze, find some peace within, challenge myself to do all the things I think I may be capable of but haven't been arsed to do as I've been so fixated on alcohol, and learn to accept that I can't control everything.

I cannot control the fact that, at the moment, I don't understand how I've gotten to this point, but that I can control what I do next. Which is remain sober.

If my posts are contradictory then I guess it showcases how my understandings and insights are evolving. I'm being as honest as I can, so that's where I'm at right now. The mantra is 'I don't drink'! Feeling good.

Being an individual of standing merit in one's own un-drunken heart and un-drunken mind is an awesomely satisfying and gratifying cornucopia of life sustaining experiences. There is no substitute for an un-chained life.

There will always be distractions no matter whatever plans or strategies may be carefully cultivated and practiced so as to secure an alcohol free lifestyle. AVRT provides a tool set which with practice can create an ideal simplistic understanding to further enable one to forever quit alcoholic drinking in all its many deceptive forms.

There is no requirement with AVRT to do any changing whatsoever except of course the act of drinking itself. Your act of quitting drinking Newatthis, and then seeking more answers for your questions whilst you live the sober life moves you beyond the simple requirements to readily enjoy the benefits of AVRT along with that same sober lifestyle, or sans-alcohol lifestyle of abstinence, either way, same deal.

I don't wear my successful practice of AVRT like a badge or trophy to be itself glorified or celebrated like I've somehow found the perfect modality of abstinence. I feel often enough some others in the secular forum snake-oil sell AVRT much the same way as other programs are sometimes snake-oiled sold in the other forums, and yet there is nothing for it, for life is what it is for any of us.

I use AVRT same as I would use any tool set to practice my art -- I use it as an individual. There are no such creatures as professional experts in AVRT. Certainly there are teachers and mentors, yes, but no professionals. We're all amateurs.

It can be difficult with so many opinions and experiences to sort things out, but nonetheless, the sorting is worth doing, and the opinions and other's experiences are worth seeking, and the results will speak for themselves.

FWIW, I believe in YOU, Newatthis. You may indeed initially seem wobbly and unsure in these present times, but you won't always be as such. You're indeed taking the higher road, and you'll meet many others like yourself who'll gladly walk a few timeless measures with you, no problemo.