Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jzeb2008

I think he's getting used to his new life.Like a vacation.

My opiate addict /alcoholic husband began staying with his addict /alcoholic /enabling mother last week after I asked him to leave the home almost 2 weeks ago. I do not plan on getting a divorce at this time but do not want to live under the same roof with children in his current condition. He started off being angry and blaming me for everything to crying and apologizing. He said that he will change the lifestyle that he was living for the last several months (never home in the evenings with using and acquiring pills and get drunk)and will go to marriage counseling. But he doesn't plan on getting any type of treatment. He finds that his pills are justifiable because he needs surgery for a bad shoulder and that he doesn't drink anymore than the next person. I don't care how much anyone else drinks ;it's not affecting my marriage or family. His is!He tells me that treatment doesn't work, that I'm trying to control him and that I just trying to be,"Polly Purebred ".The last 2 days he back to being mad because I won't "budge "and he's acting like he's happy with his mother and is just gonna go on with his life as it is.Without me and his family! Heartbroken!