View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

I understand how lonely it is to be married to an addict and how you long for some normalcy.. Dinner, a movie, good conversation, intimacy... I know this because I went there... Yep, about a year ago I stepped out on my marriage to my EXAH.. This is the first time I've ever admitted it to anyone.. It was only for a few months and while it felt good to be wanted, I hated myself for being so selfish and I gave away a little piece of my soul when I did that... I ended this fling long before I filed for divorce from my husband but I think I knew it was the beginning of the end when I stepped out and stopped that low to get needs met that were not being met in my marriage..

I wouldn't recommend anyone doing what I did.. I understand how it happens and how easy it can happen but once the novelty wears off and it will wear off, your life becomes a web of lies and secrets much like the one of the addict in your life..

I would cut off contact with him because even talking to him about intimate and personal things is crossing boundaries that you shouldn't cross...

(((( hugs to you))) and ps. Please forgive yourself.. Your human after all