View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
myhealth

An evertful weekend, learned something - Things got a little crazy when my fiance and I had a couple "disagreements" though. The NON-solution was to say "F this" and go to the pub, instead we took some time apart ( i went to the gym), we had a moment to ourselves then came back and discussed the core issues.

Friday night we didnt get much sleep at all due to our daughter having a virus so was up sick most of the night (we got about 4 hours sleep) then had to take our kids to the zoo (a promise we made last week), so by midday we were STUFFED! We both became irritable and edgy. An early night was planned but again my daughter was ill. Sunday we had a lot to do, besides our general house duties. The irratibility go the best of us and a normal disagreement turned into a full scale war.
The OLD me wouldve left and went to either a friends house or the pub and hit the drink, instead i took what ever frustrations i had (and the last bit of energy) out in the gym. An hour later i came home and we sorted it all out.

Lesson learned - NO AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL WILL SOLVE A PROBLEM AT HOME, it takes maturity, communication and love.