Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jzeb2008

My last chance plea to my addict husband before I throw in the towel.For good!

1 week ago I packed my opiate addict/alcoholic husband's belonging and asked him to find somewhere else to stay.We have 6 children between us and I couldn't handle one more day of the lies,blame, name calling, and uncertainties that come with living with his very quickly progressive duel addictions (I've been doing this for years now)Since he left he has stayed with his best friend and his family (who he is now against because he sat him down and told him that he needs help) and now his COMPLETELY enabling mother (her money, food, cell phone, pills, alcohol, cigarettes, ect.)She has blamed me back and forth for throwing out her son,to pleading for him to get help. (She is also an alcoholic /addict and plays both sides of the fence.)He didn't speak to me for 5 days and is now only to tell me that he hates me,I'm his enemy, I ruined his AND his mom's lives (since he has to stay there now and they have no food or money.) He says that he doesn't need help and that he's "hardly "using /drinking because he's broke.(I know that's not true because addicts will ALWAYS find a way to use.)He WILL NOT listen to ANYTHING that I have to say and only screams at me that I did this to him and asks how I would feel if he put me out on the streets in the middle of winter, at 10:30 at night with nowhere to go.He's now also blaming my mother because she has been coming around more (after a falling out) and is helping me with getting my children to school since I have no gas and have no idea where my next dollar with come from (I'm a stay at home mom.)The last time that I spoke with him (this morning) he told me not to call back his mother's house and turned off the cellphone and won't let his mother answer her own home phone. I work :with my sponsor on a daily basis, do online meetings, daily readings and assignments and am taking care of myself, children, home and finances.This is the first time that I have really took care of business since his addiction began and I'm not chasing him down and crying all day and he can't stand it because I thinks that I'm doing this because I don't care. I love him as much as the day that Im married him,but have had enough of watching him fall aaaaapart and kill himself (and mine and my children's self esteem.) My very last plea was. to send him a text message telling him that this is the VERY LAST time that I will tell him how I feel, what this is doing to me and the family and that I'm in recovery and he' needs to be as well. That if he really hates me as much as he says and wants a divorce, then he can get the rest of his things and go file on his own.I AM DONE PLAYING HIS MANIPULATIVE, ADDICT MIND GAMES!