View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ollie909

I actually got out with very little withdrawals. Took suboxone for approx. a year or so. Started with 8 mgs, quickly reduced to 4mgs, then to 2 mgs. Just kept reducing to 1 mg, then skipping days to .50 mgs. This was all in a 7 month time frame. Slowly but surely. Started skipping up to 3 to 4 days and dose .50mgs. I never felt much withdrawal doing this. Maybe a little lethargic at most. But I've felt that when sober. I didn't leave myself high and dry. Just take everything until your out, then withdraw. Not the way to go. I had saved some vicodens and a strip of suboxone. I finally just quit. On day 5 I was feeling some withdrawals, so took a few vicodens, because I didn't want to feel any withdrawals. That worked. Dosed 20-30mgs of vics when needed for a couple of weeks. Quit those and in day or so felt very sluggish. Just allowed myself to feel that way for a day, while at work to boot. Then took my last few doses of subs. It's been awhile now, and I didn't really experience any kind of withdrawal. When I ran out of oxycodones over a year ago. I never want to go through that again. Once again, talk to your doctor. I kept mine totally informed. Best to everyone dealing with this. I've been clean for over a few months now. It can be done.