View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
bemyself

Yes indeed GT - I am (currently) one such maintenance drinker. And at my age, 57, and given this is not my very first 'relapse' in recent years: I have booked myself into my previous rehab (hospital-based) - starting next Tues, for 7-10 days - precisely so I can be in a safe, medical environment for the first few days of physical withdrawals.

I think I mentioned a while back on one of the AVRT related threads that this aspect - the physical danger - is really the only aspect of RR which I, just in my opinion, believe Trimpey plays down a bit. Well, a lot, actually. In fact, in recent days, as I mucked about in my own head trying to work out practical ways I could quit drinking (again), I searched again through the RR book (The New Cure) on this topic. There is precious little. That's ok. But for some, it might give them the idea that, oh, once I've made my Big Plan, then days 1, 2, 3 etc will be fine. NOT.

I have no wish to get into disagreements again with you GT, but simply wish to put this aspect of things out there. Everyone is different, of course.

Kind regards
Vic