View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

well unless meetings have changed drastically since i last attended, chairing the meeting is more like being the crossing guard rather than the featured speaker. i could be wrong tho.

i think the saying "It is what it IS" nicely sums up acceptance. take the weather, we may have hoped that it would NOT rain, we may not LIKE the rain, but nonetheless IT'S RAINING. and we can't stop or change that fact. we can either stand there shaking our fist at the sky, getting soaked, or we can take cover.

same with people. they are who they are. they do what they do. we may not like it, and that's ok, we don't HAVE to...but for us to have any peace of mind we have to ACCEPT them as they are.....and then ACT ACCORDINGLY.

it all comes back to OUR conduct, OUR behavior, OUR actions and reactions. take this little guy he's getting nowhere quick. the brick wall is still a brick wall. and it ain't moving. he has choices...continue to bang head against wall hoping it will give way and change cuz HE wants it to - OR - stop, step back, see the wall for what it is, and find another way.

Awareness - there is something ahead of me in my path
Acceptance - it's a brick wall
Action - i must readjust my route to get around the brick wall