View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
trappeshot

Note, dating in the rooms is not taboo. that's not what i am trying to say.

I'm saying that crap in general, you should not be worrying about dating someone else if your house is not in order. That generally takes a year to a year and a half. by house I mean mental, physical, financial, etc. You need to get back on your feet.

And you DEFIANTLY don't need to be dating an ADDICT with less than one year clean. You don't know what character defects that person might have or what their true intentions are.

There was a girl that if she is still clean in NA and she's still single i'd date her in a heartbeat. very very pretty, smart, serious about her recovery.. but when i met her she only had like 6 months and she going through DHS and all that and it's just too much to deal with and i had my stuff to deal wtih. But if she's still clean now she has right at 2 years beucase she's 2 months less than I am.

Don't be in a rush. I never erlaly had a problem with women so I don't necessarily go out of my way to date inside the rooms but if someone strikes me as someone i have to have in the rooms if they are doing what they are supposed to do there is no real issue.