Thread: Where was I?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Swampfox1963

Where was I?

I was wondering what the heck got me started back drinking. I started some time the beginning of last summer. AA is great but was out as an option.

I have been trying to quit and recently managed to to put several days between drinking binges. I ran across this site on the 16th of this month. My last bottle was 5 days ago. I am still in DT's. I have a question. Ever since I quit drinking, late at night I am coughing and coughing a watery fluid out of my lungs. I'm not sick (i.e. cold, flu). I'm taking prilosec before bedtime. I do have GIRD and wonder if I am refluxing into my lungs when horizontal. I only cough when sitting.

Sober recovery has given me the cleanest start yet. Everyone has been so supportive. Reading other peoples experiences let's me know I'm not the only
alcoholic out there. It seems when you get older the more the addiction sticks to your ribs. Well I can just take it one day at the time and not raise my expectations. I do like the anonymity this site provides.

My 1st cousin was an alcoholic and a meth head in his last couple of years.
He was a very good lawyer who would only take million dollar cases. He got
into debt, back on alcohol, coke, and meth. My best friend who was a cop
found him while doing a welfare check. He had hanged himself by putting a cross beam across his bathroom attic and easing himself down on a rope while
on a ladder. He was still on the ladder when found. I miss him. He was always
the slick talking happy go lucky cousin who always had a pretty girl at his side. He was a brilliant man. One thing I have noticed in a lot of people with
addictive personalities is a much higher than average IQ. I guess it gives them a greater capacity to rationalize their substance abuse as something they could control.