Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
2 days ago I packed my opiate addict husband's belonging and asked him to leave and find somewhere else to stay when he came home drunk and high. I've been dealing with this addiction for years and FULL BLOWN for about 8 months. This past month he has just plain lost his mind. We have 6 children between us and the same people that have been telling me for months to make him leave(his mother and some of our mutual friends) are now treating me bad and feeling bad for him(our friends took him in temporarily but his mother wouldn't) His mother is acting like I kicking him out of HIS house (we are buying it,he's hardly paid any bills lately [or I since I am a stay at home mom and student ]and shouldn't it be easier for a grown man to leave than for a woman and 4 children to uproot?) The couple that he is staying with is avoiding me now. I'm working daily with my Al-Anon sponsor. Why should I be made to feel so guilty?
If the people are treating you poorly, that's about them, not you. Please keep in mind that (surprise!) addicts lie, and you don't know what BS he has fed these people. So, just worry about you and the kids and don't let the background noise get to you.

Best,
ZoSo