Thread: Damaged Goods
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NewBeginnings2

Lightbulb Damaged Goods

My husband is a recovering meth addict. I feel as though there is no point in marriage to him anymore, and would just like some perspective. Basically, I feel like because of the meth, he is permanently damaged on every level. I feel like because of the intense "pleasure" or whatever from the drug, and the damage it does to the "pleasure centers" of the brain, he will never enjoy things in our life together as he should. I feel like whats the point? Dont I deserve someone who can exactly feel real joy, someone who when we have sex feels like that is great pleasure? Whereas my ex-meth-addict husband always has the meth experience topping everything else. I want someone who is fully together, and neurologically intact, I didnt marry him broken, he chose this for himself...I dont care that hes not using, hes still damaged in my eyes and I just cant move past this feeling for the past month. I no longer relate to him, or understand any of his decisions at all... I cannot empathize what makes someone go use meth and abandon their wife and three kids... I am embarrassed by him, I feel I deserve so much more... Is this normal? ?