View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by Manmust View Post
I don't think she is downing alcohol in her car or in a rapid attempt to get loaded.

So I meet her. She orders a bucket with 3 beers. Ugh.
Drinks 2. Thinks about taking the third home. Ends up drinking 1/2 of it, and leaves 1/2. Thought that was weird. So she knows I've been doing a lot of reading. She asks if I would go to the store and buy her a 24 oz beer. She says she wants to lay in bed and drink a beer. She hands me a 5 and says I'm not enabling because she's paying

Oh my, I told her, if she wanted it, to get it herself, I was going home. Sure enough, comes home with a 24 oz beer. So, that's 4.5 beers. Last night it was 3. I don't know that the amount is all that critical. I'm rambling now, I want to know the truth, yet hate the realization she has a problem.

I know that's not a lot of alcohol, but I've seen her down a 6 pack then a bottle of wine in a night. Watch out if hard alcohol is around.
See all those numbers up there ^^^ - this is very typical codie behavior and you need to stop. Counting her beers, or drinks, is a waste of time and IMO becomes a rationalization of her drinking. "I don't know that the amount is all the critical".

I really doubt that is all she is drinking. I don't think you have any idea how much she is really drinking at all. You don't think she is downing alcohol in her car? Maybe not, maybe she is. Maybe she is just steadily drinking all day long. Perhaps when she says her client is running late she is really sitting at a bar. Regardless, there is a problem and you know it - and she knows it. At least, she knows you have a problem with her drinking even if she thinks she has everything under control. My favorite saying on here is More will be revealed.