View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Manmust

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Um, you bought beer for her on Valentine's Day and wonder if that was a poor choice?

That strikes me as about as enabling as it gets.

I dunno, I don't think I would drink around someone with a drinking problem, either. She will do what she will do, and it's her alcohol problem, not yours, but if you don't want her to drink, it seems rather inconsiderate for you to do it in front of her, while telling her you don't want her to.

Maybe others here would have a different perspective on that. Would it put you out terribly to just not do it when you are at home?
I was terribly torn. My thought behind it was that it was a limited supply, so it was okay and AGF didn't ask for it. I don't need to drink, I can give it up...do I need to never drink again if she is the one with the problem, but yet doesn't think she has a problem? I know I would never drink anything if she was trying to stop. I don't like to drink much. I get sick easy and get migraines. I couldn't tell if I was enabling...I didn't run to the store when she complained of being out. Yet, I knew I wasn't being controlling(right?). Ugh, so confusing.