View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Dalia View Post
I am happy to report that I finally made it to the other side.

... my continuing to be a non-drinker. That decision has been made and can't be changed. ...
Decades from now, you will still remember this single element of that chapter in your distant past, and that's the only thing that matters.

Since I exited the Recovery Group Movement (RGM), I have saved myself thousands of dollars in one or two dollar meeting donations and gas; I have saved myself tens of thousands of hours (which add up to several solid years) spent unnecessarily "managing a one-day-at-a-time sobriety" with other people who believe they are by themselves powerless over alcohol. And the money and time are only the beginning.

I lost a lot of time as a father and husband with my young family because of the time I DID spend in the RGM before I exited it. How that changed my family's future can never be regained. So I feel very fortunate to have discovered AVRT at the very beginning when it was being developed by Jack Trimpey of Rational Recovery.

I think helping people understand that they can end an addiction without the RGM gives me a sense that the little time I spend here can help some other people in an important way down the road of their own lives.