View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Welcome, Manmust. I don't know about the laws in your state but I can share with you what happened to my friend in my state when she had an accident with her son in the car while under the influence. It was a felony child endangerment charge on top of a DUI, and she lost custody of him at that moment. Never got him back and drank herself to death two years later. It IS serious and you are absolutely correct to be making a big deal of it. At the very least, is this woman showing you good judgment by doing this? If I were involved with someone who drove drunk with his kids in the car, I'd contact their Mother and run like hell in the opposite direction. He would NOT be boyfriend material pulling stunts like that.

That said, I understand the denial myself. My XAH drove drunk with me and my kids in the car, as well. I knew it was happening at the time and was powerless to stop it. But it was a catalyst for me to make the changes necessary to never be put in a dangerous situation like that again. Like you, I had to break through my own denial about what was really happening. And it took a while. Keep reading and keep coming back. Knowledge is empowering!

Peace,
~T