View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Have you come to an answer yet?
Well, I am almost at 30 days here--it's officially one month on Wednesday--I think I'm getting closer to the answer.

I just had a talk with my husband about the whole process this morning.
I started out by telling him that I hadn't had a single drink in almost 30 days, and he asked me how I felt about it. the conversation went something like this:

"Well, I don't know...I feel good, great even. Sometimes I still get hit with anxiety about missing out on the "fun" parts, like hanging out and drinking beer with you--but it is getting easier." After a thoughtful pause, I asked, "Do you miss your drinking buddy?"
He said, "Yeah, I must admit that I do, but I'm sure we can have fun in other ways...I don't miss the hungover 'you' or belligerent Irish drunk 'you', (chortle chortle,) so you know, over all it's good."

In short-- I still wrestle with ambivalence, but the strong internal dissonance over the matter is diminishing in ever decreasing measures of shove and yank, to a more gentle push and tug--if that makes any sense.

So in a more or less direct answer to your question Sober, I am starting to see the possibility of being able to party sober.

Cheers.