View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Ananda

I'm hanging in by my bloody fingers (LOL)

It's sort of crunch time now....finances are pretty much a wreck…got to take care of a lot of things without buying into the “learned helplessness” thing. The one thing I know is I need to get through the tax issues and student loan issues and bankruptcy issues in the next 6-8 weeks….I really can’t afford to let this drag on any longer…it’s been a year now.

Mom is home from her trip to the Antarctic and although she was disappointed with how little she was able to do she did the two things she most wanted…she went through drake’s passage and she stood on the Antarctic watching penguins feed .

Mom finally realized that my “other brother” is as much a drunk as the rest of us….but she is ok with the overall experience. Crossing the Drake Passage, she was bounced off the bed twice before she took the advice of the experts, and slept on the floor.

I’m ok…things are the way they are and I need to get through what I have to and deal with the consequences…which will be long term. The worst decision I made was to attempt going back to school for a degree that would never increase my earnings…I advise that you think long and hard before taking out student loans! The biggest thing, if I set aside the financial issues which are huge, is that I am an artist…I have something I need to do …. But I can’t seem to make the transition from my head to a medium. I’m not sure I ever will. I need to get the financial monkey off my back to find my way through this.

I know that we are “non-AA”, but it’s sorta like one of their sayings…in non-AA terms….how do you eat the elephant….one bite at a time…

Nands